Claim your Copy of
Employee Orientation: How to Energize, Integrate, and Retain Your Newest Hires
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 

Category: California Employee Benefits

From leaves to healthcare to 401(k)s to domestic partner benefits, California Employer Daily has got you covered.

Free White Paper Download: Executive Summary: Healthcare Reform for California Employers


Overwhelming Overtime—‘Bionic Nurse’ Amasses Massive OT for Working 163 Days Straight

People in the Empire State are wondering how an employee amassed $630,000 of overtime in less than 5 years—no, that is not a typo! And many are wondering how she could work 163 days straight.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Carve-Outs Mean Small Budgets Can Differentiate Performance

Yesterday, we looked at the first seven of consultant Jim Kochanski’s nine factors for pay-for-performance success. Today, the remaining two—plus an invitation to a webinar next week that will help you become fluent in pay for performance at your organization.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

The Good News? 30% Do Pay for Performance Well

“Approximately 30% of organizations we study do pay for performance well,” consultant Jim Kochanski says, so it is possible, but it’s not automatic. “Fortunately, there are nine factors that can help the other 70%, he says.”

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Rx for Healthcare Costs? ‘PBM, here’s what we’re willing to pay …’

Yesterday, benefits consultant Scott Haas, CLU, RHU, offered his tips on negotiating reduced pharmacy costs. Today, how to manage generic drugs, plus a must-attend webinar later this month for healthcare employers.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Want Benefit Savings? Take a Close Look at Your PBM

Looking for healthcare savings? Start with a look at your prescription drug costs, says Scott Haas, CLU, RHU, vice president of Wells Fargo Pharmacy Consulting.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

4 More Sins Your Supervisors and Managers Are Guilty Of

Yesterday, we featured the first six sins of supervisors. Today, sins 7 through 10, plus an introduction to a comprehensive California wage and hour reference you won’t want to be without.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

10 Sins of Well-Meaning Supervisors

0 Sins of Well-Meaning Supervisors

Sometimes it seems as though there are a thousand ways supervisors and managers—with the best of intentions—can practically beg for a lawsuit. We’ve distilled it down into 10 major sins you can talk to your supervisors and managers about.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

VBBD: Case Study Shows Real Savings

Today, compensation consultant Carla McCormick offers a case study that shows the value of Value-Based Benefits Design (VBBD).

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Incentive Schemes May Mean Transparency of Data

An incentive program can be a great way to motivate employees and help the organization achieve its goals. But it doesn’t come without potential pitfalls.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

The 6 Universal Drivers of Employee Engagement

“Six factors need to be present for true employee engagement,” says consultant Keith Branham. Highly engaged workplaces score high on all six drivers and tend to have “signature” drivers—that is, drivers for which they are particularly known.
Branham, who is founder and principal of Keeping the People, Inc., offered his expertise at WorldatWork’s 2013 Total Rewards Conference and Exhibition, held recently in Philadelphia.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE